Serve this dish with our Irish "Champ" Mashed Potatoes and arugula salad. And don't be afraid to get creative. When it comes to compound butter, you can mix in endless combinations of favorite herbs and spices.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 7-8 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds of venison loin (or elk, moose, antelope, etc.)
- McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning, to taste
- canola oil
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Prepare grill. Take out meat to allow it come to room temperature.
Combine all compound butter ingredients.
Roll compound butter into a log with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge. Leftovers keep well in the freezer, too. When ready to use, take out of the fridge to soften.
2. Dab venison with paper towels to soak up excess moisture. Rub all sides with canola oil and Montreal Steak Seasoning, to taste.
Grill over direct heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until it's cooked to your liking. Don't overcook.
Allow tenderloin to rest for 5-10 minutes, tented in foil.
Cut pads of compound butter and place on top of meat before serving. It's delicious! Please enjoy!
* * *
Want to win this Camp Chef Professional 9-Piece Knife Set? Hurry and enter our Halloween Dessert Contest! Only 2 days left! Click here for details.