Crappie Fish Tacos


Everyone loves fish and chips, but at your next fish fry, wow your guests by offering a taco bar. You don’t have to do anything different with your fried fish. Fry it like you’ve always done, but serve it with warm tortillas, freshly made creamy guacamole, crunchy shredded Brussels sprouts (or cabbage), hot sauce and queso fresco cheese. Make it a buffet by laying out all the ingredients on a table. People can fix their tacos any way they like. 

Fish tacos remind me of the West Coast, of where I lived for many years. While I no longer reside there, I do miss the warm summer evenings by the beach and having tacos and margaritas late at night. So for old times’ sake, and because it’s delicious, I try to recreate that experience here in the Midwest. I throw small, intimate taco parties with friends, and we drink beer and margaritas on the rocks. And for some reason, tacos always taste better when eaten outside in the open air. We may not be near an ocean, but we do have some nice lakes in Nebraska. And I’d say that the fresh fish we catch ourselves tastes just as good if not better.

To view the recipe for Crappie Fish Tacos with Spicy Guacamole, visit the World Fishing Network: http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/recipes/post/crappie-tacos-with-spicy-guacamole-recipe

Comments