Here it is! Crappie recipe number two, inspired by Food for Hunters facebook fan Kirk Reimer.
Dipped in breadcrumbs, Italian seasonings and LOTS of Parmesan cheese, then enjoyed with a fresh salad and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette, this easy recipe is every fisherman's delight.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 - 7 minutes
- 12 crappie filets , skin removed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbs. milk
- 1 1/2 cups of Progresso Garlic and Herb bread crumbs (or Italian bread crumbs)
- 1 tbs. Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese (the kind in the green container)
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bag of mixed baby greens salad
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- balsamic vinaigrette (you can buy or check out Emeril's recipe here)
1. In a wide shallow container, lightly beat the eggs and milk together.
In another container, combine bread crumbs, Kraft Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
2. Lightly rinse the filets in cold water, and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan over medium-high heat. Add the smashed garlic and cook until its golden, then discard or keep for other uses.
Depending how big your pan is, you may want to cook the fish in batches. Space out your garlic accordingly. Add more oil and garlic for each new batch of fish you cook.
4. Cook breaded fish filets for 2-3 minutes each side, or until the bread crumbs turn golden brown and the filets are flaky.
5. Serve with baby greens. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette on both the salad and the fish, which will add a nice acidic note.
Grate fresh Parmesan cheese over the top of the entire dish. Enjoy!
Like Food for Hunters on Facebook!