Anyway, this is a very simple and quick recipe for those days when you want to just whip up something good and fast. Good? How can anything have bacon, butter and half & half in it not be good? And to top it all on a venison steak? Alright, I'm getting hungry again... Well, here it is. Enjoy and share with all your friends. From the field to your table. Bon appetite! - Rick
- 4 ounces of venison steak(s)
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped (It's more than you need... but hey, who doesn't like to sample bacon while waiting for other ingredients to cook?)
- 1 tbs. of butter
- 4 shallots
- 1/4 cup of half & half
- 2 stalks of green onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Trim steaks of all silver skin. Lightly salt, rub with olive oil and place on a pre-heated grill. Cook until medium-rare, but no longer than that.
2. In a small saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Pour out bacon fat but DO NOT wipe the saucepan.
Add butter and shallots, and cook until shallots are soft, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in half & half and simmer over medium-low heat until thickened, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Pour sauce over steaks and sprinkle with bacon. Garnish with freshly chopped green onion. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!