And if you're having trouble thinking of new, creative ways to grill, give this recipe a try. It's unique, easy and quick, perfect for those hot summer days when you'd rather not spend long hours in a hot kitchen to make a dynamite meal. Serve these Miso-Glazed Venison Steaks with your favorite side dishes or go light and serve it with rice, steamed veggies and a salad. As always, enjoy!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time:10-12 minutes
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. venison steaks
- 3 tbs. of red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. of yellow miso paste
- 1 tbs. of packed brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- fresh ground pepper
1. Remove all silver skin and fat from venison.
2. Combine vinegar, miso paste, brown sugar, cayenne pepper and garlic in a small bowl. Stir until you get a smooth paste.
3. Spread paste onto both sides of venison steaks and sprinkle with ground pepper. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. While steaks are resting, start the grill and prepare it to medium-high heat. Once grill is hot enough, grill the steaks for roughly 3-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the steaks. DO NOT overcook the steaks because venison can easily get dry and tough. Cook to medium-rare at most.
Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!