Prep Time: marinate for 4-12 hours
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 Canadian goose breast
- burgundy wine, about 1-2 cups
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced- 1 sprig of rosemary, chopped
- poultry seasoning- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tbs. salted butter, melted
1. In a zip-lock bag, marinate the goose breast with burgundy wine (just enough to cover the breast), sliced garlic and chopped rosemary. Marinate for at least 4 hours, up to 12 in fridge. You can use any red wine you want, really.
2. Take out of fridge 1 hour before grilling. Always let your meat come to room temp before you grill or sear.3. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Melt your butter.
4. Place the goose on the grill and sprinkle poultry seasoning and freshly cracked black pepper on the first side. Baste with melted butter.
5. Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side, or until medium rare. Season and baste the other side.
Here is the finger test to tell the doneness of meat.
* Goose is best eaten medium-rare,or at least medium. DO NOT overcook.
6. Take the breast off the grill and cover with aluminum foil. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Resting meat allows it to continue to cook on its own and "reabsorb" its juices. If you cut into it right away, you'll lose a lot of moisture.
Enjoy with your favorite summer side dishes and the rest of your wine. We grilled zucchini and stuffed portabella mushrooms.
Thanks for looking! Please let us know what you think by leaving comments.