If you love collard greens, then you will love this spinach dish. Bacon-y and vinegar-y, it will bring you back home to Southern cooking.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3 large bunches of spinach. Stems removed.
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook 4 slices of bacon in a large pan. Remove bacon once the fat has rendered out. Set aside.
2. Add chopped onion to the bacon grease and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Then, add sugar and vinegar. Cook over high heat until sugar dissolves, stirring often.
4. Add spinach and cook for 3 minutes. Stir often.
Cut up bacon into small pieces and stir back into the spinach. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Enjoy with your favorite meal. Thanks for looking!
Like Food for Hunters on Facebook!