Since Rick and I are both feeling under the weather, we decided to bake these cookies last night. Thank you Cookin' Cowgirl for sharing her recipe! I saw the recipe on her blog and knew that we just had to try it. You should too!
Servings: About 3 dozen cookies (36)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 9 minutes + 1 minute cooling
- 1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 6 tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy canes, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar- 1 tsp. cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt 6 tbs. unsalted butter. Allow to cool.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, cooled butter and peppermint extract. Mix well.
2. Mix in 1/2 cup of crushed peppermint candy canes.
3. In a shallow bowl/dish, mix together powdered sugar and cornstarch with a fork.
Drop a blob of cookie dough (about 1 1/2 - 2 tbs.) into the sugar mixture and roll into balls, covering the balls completely with powdered sugar.
4. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes. No more. No less.
Bake in batches because the cookies will spread.
Carefully move the cookies to cooling racks. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candy canes. Cool for at least 1 minute. The cookies will firm up but stay chewy.
Enjoy! You won't be able to stop eating them.
Like Food for Hunters on Facebook!