|Alice Wheatley during Great Depression|
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped brown onion
- 1 lb. ground venison
- 4-5 ounces of uncooked elbow macaroni (o.k., half an 8 oz. package)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 8 ounce canned corn
- 2 ounces sliced olives- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1. Follow directions for cooking macaroni on package. Drain, cover and set aside for later. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan and add chopped onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent and then remove.
In the same pan over medium heat, add the ground venison. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and salt. Brown, but do not over do it because you are using venison, and it will later be going into the oven.
3. Turn off heat. Add onions back into the meat and pour in tomato sauce. Then, add the cooked macaroni.
Add the canned corn...
And then the olives. Combine well.
4. Spray an 8x11 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mixture into dish and spread evenly.
5. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and place into a pre-heated 350 degree oven.
Bake until cheese is melted and slightly browned, 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
By adding a tasty garden salad, garlic bread and a nice red wine, it'll purdy up better than lipstick on a pig. Ya'll enjoy now! - From us and my mom.
Check us out on Facebook!