Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 1-2 hours
- 5 medium sized vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon, or 2 tsp. of freshly chopped tarragon
- 1 lemon
1. In a pot, boil water. Turn off heat and place tomatoes into the pot to blanch. Make sure you have enough water to submerge all the tomatoes. Leave tomatoes in the water for 5 minutes.
2. While the tomatoes sit, prepare the dressing. Combine minced shallot, minced onion, olive oil, tarragon, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl. Set aside to steep.
3. Drain the tomatoes in a colander. Run them under cold water.
With a small knife, remove the skins from the tomatoes. Slice tomatoes as thickly or thinly as you want.
4. Lay tomatoes in a dish. Pour dressing over tomatoes and let them sit for 1-2 hours.
When ready to serve, sprinkle more sea salt over servings and a squeeze of lemon juice (to taste). Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
Check us out on Facebook!