Paleo Venison and Eggplant Lasagna


I love pasta, and I really like lasagna. But when I’m trying to eat healthier and maybe lose a few pounds, carbs seem to be the enemy. So if you’re on a strict diet but miss having Italian night at the house, try this venison and eggplant lasagna recipe. Cooked with a thick marinara and venison meat sauce, three kinds of cheeses and Italian herbs, all the flavors were there. Honestly, I really didn’t miss the pasta. Serve this dish with a medium body red wine, such as chianti or sangiovese.

Do yourself a favor, though, and buy a mandolin slicer if you don’t already have one. They’re relatively inexpensive and will make the job go a lot faster. I was amazed by how beautifully layered this “lasagna” turned out.

For this Paleo Venison and Eggplant Lasagna recipe, visit: https://www.bowhunter.com/editorial/paleo-venison-and-eggplant-lasagna-recipe/182668

Comments